Ginger Mustard Pork Steaks
- 4 boneless Canadian Pork loin steaks (~400g), about 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) thick, well trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grain mustard
- 4 green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dredge chops lightly with flour. In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sauté chops until lightly browned, about 2 - 3 minutes per side.
Remove chops and keep warm. Pour broth into skillet, increase heat, and deglaze skillet by boiling and scraping up browned bits.
Add ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in mustards and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Return chops to skillet and turn to coat with sauce.
Yield: Serves: 4
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes